Looking for a frozen cocktail that is not only super easy to make, delicious to drink and looks amazing in a margarita glass? Our Frozen Pink Sunrise will have your friends swooning and is a wonderful specialty cocktail for bridal showers or backyard BBQs. This frozen drink is concocted from items you may already have in your fridge and pantry. Plus, it can be made ahead of time, giving you more time to spend with friends and family instead of mixing drinks in the kitchen. For maximum eye appeal, we recommend using our Personalized 10.25 oz. Margarita Glasses. Available as a set of 4 these custom margarita glasses offer a modern take on a classic design and are an ideal way to show off beautiful frozen cocktails.
Frozen Pink Sunrise Recipe:
You Will Need:
- 2 cans of frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- 12 oz. of Tequila Blanco
- 6 oz. of Orange Liquor
- Lemon Wheels and Raspberries or Strawberries to Garnish
- Pink Rimming Sugar, optional
Let’s talk about ingredients for a minute here. While we love using premium top shelf spirits, due to the pink lemonade concentrate this recipe is very forgiving. This recipe is a great opportunity to use more economical liquors, another reason why it is the perfect frozen cocktail for gatherings.
Most large grocery chains that sell liquor will have a bar section where you can find cocktail items such as rimming sugars. If your local grocery or super center doesn’t carry alcohol, a liquor store should be able to provide what you need. Another option is buying rimming sugar ahead of time online. This option provides the best selection. In case you are new to rimming glasses with sugar or salt, it not only provides an additional flavor component but also works as a garnish. Pink rimming sugar looks especially playful for the Frozen Pink Sunrise Cocktail and balances the tang from the lemonade. However, you can leave rimming sugar out all together if you prefer.
Making the Cocktail:
The following makes a pitcher of Frozen Pink Sunrise or enough for roughly 8 drinks depending on your pours. To make ahead of time bring ingredients together and store in fridge for up to an hour before guests arrive. Garnish and serve!
- Set your Personalized Margarita glasses on your working surface along with 2 small plates wide enough to accommodate the rim of the glass. Add a pile of sugar to the first plate and gently shake the plate to distribute the sugar. Add a small amount of water to the second plate. Dip the rim of the glass into the water and then into the sugar. Set aside.
- Add frozen pink lemonade concentrate, tequila and orange liquor to the blender. Blend just until the ingredients come together and the consistency is pourable but still slush. If the drink is too strong or becomes too soupy, add ice and blend again.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a lemon wheel and berry.